NLL Tee Ball Division
Often a family’s first introduction to Little League®, providing a Tee Ball experience that is grounded in fun, fitness, and fundamentals is key to growing a child’s love for the game.
- After registration, teams are typically formed in late January.
- Historically, NLL has 4-5 Tee Ball teams.
- Team sizes range from 8 to 12 players. 8-10 players per team is recommend.
- Siblings are always put on the same team.
- Tee Ball Team Coordinator will try to honor all friend and coaching requests as long as it aligns with roster size guidelines.
- Practice schedule is typically on a Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs schedule.
- Practices are usually between 45-60 minutes long.
- Practice start time is decided by the Tee Ball manager. Note: in February, before Daylight savings, practices can start as early as 4 or 4:30.
- Practices are located either at the fields next to the Newark Junior High or at a Newark elementary school.
- Practice days and location are determined by the Board-assigned Tee Ball team manager.
- Tee Ball games are scheduled on Saturdays during the months of March and April. Saturday games today start between 10am and 1pm.
- In May, week-day games are scheduled in addition to Saturdays. Weekday games start at 5:30.
- Only one week-day game per week.
- Each game shall have a minimum of four (4) innings unless the time limit is met.
- No new inning shall be started after one hour and thirty minutes of elapsed time.
- There will be no record of wins and losses.
- Base runners are always permitted the opportunity to advance one base on batted balls put into play.
- To permit more participation in the game, when on defense, a team will be allowed all available players in the field.
- Everyone will be listed in the batting lineup.
- There is an option for coach pitch after ½ of the scheduled games have been played.
Please email the NLL Board for any general questions and concerns: [email protected]
- End of January - teams formed, and Tee Ball manager contacts all parents
- First week of February - Practice begins
- March 7 - Opening Day
- May - Weekday games begin (start time 5:30)
- Closing Ceremonies - June 8
Please email the NLL Player Agent regarding any specific baseball topics regarding your player: [email protected]