NLL Tee Ball Division
Often a family’s first introduction to Little League®, providing a Tee Ball experience that is grounded in fun, fitness, and fundamentals is key to growing a child’s love for the game.
- After registration, teams are typically formed in late January.
- Historically, NLL has 5-6 Tee Ball teams. This year could be as many as 7 teams. Still need managers.
- Team sizes range from 8 to 12 players. 8-10 players per team is recommended.
- Siblings are always put on the same team.
- Tee Ball Team Coordinator will try to honor all friend and coaching requests as long as it aligns with roster size guidelines.
- Practice schedule is typically on a Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs schedule.
- Practices should start around Feb. 7, but could be shifted later due to the delays we have had due to rain. Practices will run all the way through the end of the season (June 10)
- Practices are usually between 45-60 minutes long.
- Practice start time is decided by the Tee Ball manager. Note: in February, before Daylight savings, practices can start as early as 4 or 4:30.
- Practices are located either at the fields next to the Newark Junior High or at a Newark elementary school.
- Practice days and location are determined by the Board-assigned Tee Ball team manager.
- Tee Ball games are scheduled on Saturdays during the months of March and April.
- There are 8 Tee Ball games in NLL this year.
- Saturday games today start at 9am, 11am, 1pm, or 3pm
- In mid-May, week-day games are scheduled in addition to Saturdays. Weekday games start at 5:30.
- Only one week-day game per week.
- Each game shall have a minimum of four (4) innings unless the time limit is met.
- No new inning shall be started after one hour and thirty minutes of elapsed time.
- There will be no record of wins and losses.
- Base runners are always permitted the opportunity to advance one base on batted balls put into play.
- To permit more participation in the game, when on defense, a team will be allowed all available players in the field.
- Everyone will be listed in the batting lineup.
- Each half inning ends when either the offense scores 5 runs or 3 defensive outs are recorded.
- There is an option for coach pitch after ½ of the scheduled games have been played.
Please email the NLL Board for any general questions and concerns: [email protected]
- Early Feb - teams formed, and Tee Ball manager contacts all parents
- Second week of February - Practice begins
- March 11 - Opening Day
- March and April - Games only scheduled on Saturdays.
- Mid-May - Weekday games begin (start time 5:30) - Saturday games still exist
- Closing Ceremonies - June 10
Please email the NLL Player Agent regarding any specific baseball topics regarding your player: [email protected]